THE EDU-GIRLS TEN MANTRAS
1. Free Education: Charge no fees and offer free uniforms, shoes, and school supplies to ensure that girls are not kept out of schools due to poverty.
2. Shorter School Days and a Longer School year: 278 day school year opposed to a norm of 200 but short school days, allowing girls to fulfill family responsibilities.
3. Safe Campus and Transportation: Largely all-female campus, with safe and time saving transportation by school buses.
4. Nutrition, Health and Hygiene: Includes a daily nutritious snack at school, annual health check-up and feminine hygiene products.
5. Quality Education: The pandemic led to innovation. All girls are now on a digital learning platform where each girl is regularly assessed and given a custom learning plan to bring her up to grade level, and to challenge any who could go beyond. Activities such as debating, leadership development and financial management offer additional life skills.
6. Performance Incentives: Offer merit-based awards in all grades for students and incentives for teachers to improve pedagogical skills.
7. STEM Education: Offer high school science and math streams and technology immersion options to increase career opportunities post-graduation.
8. Vocational/College Scholarships and Career Counseling: Provide post high school scholarships for developing vocational skills and pursuing careers.
9. Community Outreach: Well attended PTA meetings, educated mothers mentoring those in the impoverished communities and campaigns guided by girls to educate others on the benefits of delayed marriages and valued education.
10. Non-Academic Life Skills: Promote performing arts, sports, self-defense, debate team, and stress management skills.